Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December Member of the Month: April Hamilton!



Meet April: mom, babywearer, musician, and our BWI of Knoxville Member of the Month!


Let's start simple; your name, children's names and ages?
April Hamilton.  Zilpha Fisher will be 2 on New Years Eve, and Charles Sawyer Fisher- EDD Feb. 9th 2015

How long have you been wearing? 

Multitasking at its finest
I started wearing Zilpha pretty immediately after her birth

What led you to babywearing and how has it changed your parenting?
I was very tired of being confined to a chair and needed to get chores done. I was so thrilled when I was able to conquer breastfeeding and babywearing simultaneously. After those gates were opened, I was unstoppable, being able to do laundry, clean, cook, and even play music.

Have you had an interesting babywearing experience you'd like to share?
The most interesting babywearing experience I’ve had is usually what the nursing home residents have to say to me when I put my daughter on my back before a show. I truly am a unicorn playing music and wearing my toddler to the elderly.

What is your favorite carrier and why do you prefer it?
I will always have a soft spot for a good comfy wrap, but because of the easy access of my SSC, I always reach for our KP.

Do you feel like you have support from family and friends on wearing your baby?
I have an extremely supportive mate and family!

What do you like to spend time doing aside from babywearing and spending time with your kiddo(s)?

There’s time that I’m suppose to have without my child? HA! Especially now that I am pregnant I NEVER get alone time…. but, if I were to have my alone time, I’d love to break out my sewing machine and quilt. 

Babywearing adventure

What is your favorite thing about living in Knoxville?
I love that this city is big enough to have different options of support groups for parenting styles but yet its small enough to feel like there’s still a community and not a mass of folks in a town.

What's your favorite cartoon from childhood?
Oy vey! Cartoon? As a single cartoon? That's impossible to narrow down, so I’ll go with a few, and I’m totally prepared to show my age. I loved Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies, DuckTales, Inspector Gadget, Jem, and Pound Puppies just to name a few.


Gotta have some juicy in every interview, right? Tell us one guilty pleasure of yours? 

Guilty pleasure… hmmm… I have waaay to many carriers in my stash right now, and I can not sell one in fear that I’ll want it for the baby on the way. Pretty lame guilty pleasure, I know! Sorry! :) 

What do you like best about BWI?
LOVE the lending library! We also have some amazing women to help bring it all together. I have to say I’ll never forget meeting with Ashley Teller and her amazing teaching skills to help me feel confident in babywearing!


What would you like to see in the future with BWI?
Keep this amazing program going! I can only imagine all the babies and mama’s, like myself, who have been helped so much by this group!

Little music lover

What's the cutest habit of your kiddo(s) you feel the need to share with the world?  
I love how my daughter dances to basically any music she hears! she’ll also hold the microphone correctly and actually sing in it!

Let's be open-ended and vague to close: anything else you just want to tell us about yourself?  
Ummm...not really. I would love to get to more meetings and will eventually be able to. Maybe my opportunity will arise with the birth of my squish!

No comments:

Post a Comment